Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tomato & Spinach Pasta Toss

I was looking for something to fix for lunch (the worst meal of the day, IMO). Matt doesn't like spinach or sausage, so I halved the recipe hoping that Tara (who is a pasta FREAK) would like it and help me eat it. The recipe below is for the whole version, not the half. It came from kraftrecipes.com, thus all the Kraft ingredients. Feel free, like I did to use whatever brand you'd like!
INGREDIENTS
2 cups rotini pasta, uncooked ( I used whole wheat)
1/2 lb. Italian sausage
1 pkg. (6 oz.) baby spinach leaves
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
 
Cook pasta in a large saucepan as directed on package directions, omitting the salt. Meanwhile, cook sausage in a deep, large skillet on medium-high heat 10-12 minutes or until done, stirring occasionally. Drain sausage and return to skillet. Add spinach and tomatoes; cook 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta and return it to it's pan. Add sausage mixture and cheeses; mix lightly. Would be delicious with some whole wheat garlic toast!
 
Note: I didn't have Italian-style diced tomatoes, so I used regular and sprinkled some Italian seasoning on it. It worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment