Saturday, June 9, 2012

Healthy Deep Dish Cookie Pie


I know, it really sounds gross, and I'll admit that I was pretty scared, especially after the disastrous avocado "chocolate pudding" and the somewhat passable black bean brownies. But this really, really is GOOD!

INGREDIENTS
2 cans white beans or garbanzos, drained and rinsed
1 cup quick oats (I used old fashioned and they worked)
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (I used homemade)
3 tbsp oil (I used coconut)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups brown sugar (Note: see separate post for sugar-free version)
1 cup chocolate chips (I used half dark and half semi-sweet because that is what I had onhand)

Blend everything, except the chips, very well in a good food processor (not a blender). Mix in chips, and pour into an oiled pan (I used a 9-inch springform pan). Cook at 350F for around 35-40 minutes. Let stand at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Would be delish with some homemade vanilla ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment