Tuesday, February 28, 2012

No-Knead Whole Wheat Bread


I am all about NOT kneading bread. I know some people who love to do it to get their aggressions out, but I don't feel like I have that much anger to vent. Basically, I'm lazy, and I have wimpy arm muscles. Therefore, this works for me!

INGREDIENTS
1-1/4 cups water
2 tablespoons softened butter
1/4 cup honey
1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt
3 cups whole wheat flour
1-1/2 teaspoons yeast
Coconut oil for greasing pan

Mix half the flour with the rest of the ingredients using a spoon. Add in rest of flour. Cover loosely and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to 5 days.

Shape into a rough loaf and put into an oiled loaf pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, then bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes. Let sit cooling in pan for 20 minutes before turning onto a cooling rack. Makes one loaf.

Oh, and see that little cooling rack it's sitting on? When the bread is cool, I just lay that on top and cut through the slats to make individual slices of bread. It works pretty well. Then, because we aren't huge bread eaters, I store the whole thing in a gallon-sized baggie and keep it in the freezer or fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment