Saturday, March 17, 2012

Crockpot Applesauce

INGREDIENTS
10-12 large apples
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Core your apples and cut into chunks...any size chunks will do. You can peel the apples first if you like but if you cook them in the crockpot the skins mostly dissolve. (I did because "mostly" dissolve didn't appeal to me). Mix your apple chunks, sugar and cinnamon together and pour into your crockpot. Add the water and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5. You may need to mash up the apples a little depending on how chunky you want it.
 
Notes: Like I said, I peeled mine. I didn't want red applesauce either, so figured that would help prevent that. It probably did to some degree, but my applesauce still turned out a little dark. I only made half a batch and it filled up three pint-sized Mason jars. I also used sweet Gala apples and omitted the sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment