Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Delicious (and actually healthy) Meatloaf

I've been making meatloaf this way for years (because it's something my whole family will actually eat). It's really good with a squirt of ketchup on top (or without since I don't eat ketchup anymore).

INGREDIENTS
1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
1 cup rolled oats
1 8oz. can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes, drained (optional)
1/4 cup dried onion flakes
1 egg
salt and pepper as preferred

Mix all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Turn into a small casserole dish or loaf pan. Bake at 350F for 1 hour. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving. Drizzle with ketchup if desired.

Note: I like diced tomatoes in just about everything, so sometimes I put them in just for me. They do tend to make the meatloaf more saucy and pink giving the appearance that it's still raw.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment